Saturday, May 2, 2009

Vote For Efficiency

What could make more sense than that? Plenty! I could just give up the fight, medicate my discomfort, and society won't mind as long as there is a designated driver, or; I don't make a public display of my urge to not care, or; I have lots of money in which case I can buy the results that I want. Are you fed up yet? Yes? Vote for efficiency, it leads to less dependence on people and things that cause pain.

I ask this question over and over again, why do I compromise my values for the sake of making money. I don't enjoy it, and it forces me into more and more difficult situations. I have made a living in the field of dissatisfaction with what I do for a living. I can't express it enough how much waste I have created and how much I continue to create for the sake of money. The strain on the environment is enormous and I don't know how to bring improvement to the situation. I feel like a bug in a kill jar.

Recently, I found that making a choice for efficiency relieves some of the pain. It won't give me easier decisions but it does help me to make smarter choices. I would like to urge anyone, if you have it within your grasp, try doing it differently. Your piece of mind is at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment